I recently posted a response to a blog regarding Socialism. The blog asked about opinions regarding socialism and the book of Amos. This blog was written by a pastor.
I gave my opinions, obviously against the idea of socialism, and waited for a response. I was shocked that the initial blogger was upset and surprised, not only at my comments, but at most of the comments made by individuals regarding his initial blog.
When you post a blog regarding a controversial topic, you should expect colorful and heated responses. I am not saying this blogger is a liberal, but I find his reaction quite typical of other liberal bloggers. They seemed to be so shocked that everyone does not agree with them. Liberals seem to get extremely upset when others' disagreements are supported by statistics and actual data. I find this reaction quite sad.
I am not saying that conservatives have all the answers. I also think everyone is entitled to their own opinion. However, please have an opinion that is backed up by substance. I get extremely frustrated when people express opinions in which they have no basis for feeling as they do. I try really hard to research a topic prior to expressing an opinion or taking a position. I just wish others would do the same.
Sunday, October 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
"that pastor" sounds like a handsome man. he probably is. i don't know if i'd refer to him as liberal though.
jk.
kristi, the reason for my response was not focused on you but several responses i received from you and others both through the blog, facebook, emails, etc.
while i do think you misunderstood the purpose of what i wrote, you did post your data in a positive way which wasn't to attack me but instead to argue your case. the problem lied in the fact that we were pushing two different arguments.
i'm not for socialism. i'm not promoting it, or saying it's God's will. the point of the post was for those who constantly speak out against socialism and also the quote i mentioned from BO, to examine what it was about those statements they were scared of and how this fear is parallel to the biblical narrative.
that doesn't mean we need to live as the new church in Acts did. I'm just curious if we are so opposed to socialism how our interpretation of scripture is affected.
but as Jesse pointed out, anytime you mention politics and religion there's going to be buttons pushed. that's why i'm back to non-political geeky greek and hebrew posts :)
i'm looking forward to seeing y'all in around 3 weeks, and hope you know that i have no desire to push politcal agenda on blogs.
to lighten up the mood, feel free to laugh at my cici's manager business card sharing from the Fox. ha.
love,
levi
Post a Comment