I have not blogged in quite some time. Life has been crazy busy with no time for blogging plus I could not think of anything to say.
Lots of things have happened since my last blog. For example, I removed my daughter from a gymnastics program that she has been a part of for three years. It was a really difficult decision but in the end our family finances and sanity took precedence. As my husband said, sometimes you have to jump off the boat before it takes you down with it.
It is still amazing to me how out of hand kids' sports can become. The really crazy thing is that anyone, no matter how normal you think you are, can sucked into the insanity. All it takes is one semi-professional adult to tell you how great your kid is and all the rules get thrown out the kitchen window. Do not get me wrong, I am proud of my daughter and I think she is very talented but the drama of it all finally got to me. I still cannot believe I signed on blindly and paid money for things I did not understand. For instance, why does it cost a gym coach $1000 to drive to Florida? Your guess is as good as mine!!!
My daughter is now at a great gym with NO DRAMA and best of all, it is much cheaper. She likes it and the rest of the family like it. It is a like a breath of fresh air walking into the new building. I guess there are some normal people remaining in the world.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment